Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rosemary

All around my yard and garden, I have rosemary growing.....it is by the front walk.and it is beside the driveway....it is by the vegetable garden gate..it is by the stone steps leading into the yard..it is in the perennial bed and it is in the boxwood hedge..it is at the edge of the yard too....I have it growing all over....it is such an easy herb to grow and it comes in many forms...This is the time of year that rosemary blooms so I took some pictures to share with you....
Let's walk around my yard and see what's blooming right now......

rosemary.with blue flowers



spilling over rock wall

lavender flowers

drought tolerant

rooted from rosemary at Jittery Joe's roasting store
As you can see, rosemary is very versatile and it is evergreen and it blooms..plus it has a nice fragrance and you can cook with it...it is truly an herb you should get familiar with ..it would even make a nice hedge or ground cover.....and it roots so easily.....it is one of my favorite plants in my garden...and it was the very first herb I ever bought......and I do love my herbs.....maybe next time we will look at them...for now, stop and smell the rosemary......

thank you for stopping by today...I hope to see you again soon...

                                                                           Mona

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful. I have grown it in pots at the old house. I should put some in the flower garden at the yellow house. I weeded in the flower garden and walkway yesterday and planted some ivy for the house. It was lovely to get my hands in the dirt. Thanks for the inspiration Mona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. I found your website by way of Google whilst searching for a comparable subject, your website got here up. It seems to be great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back later.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...