Monday, January 2, 2012

Please..just a little more time.....

We have eaten the last bit of delicious Christmas cake for the year........it is time to wrap it all up but I am hesitant...I like the Christmas trees being up..they have a wonderful lighting effect in our home....
I know I am going to have to take them down soon...and pack them away...until next Christmas......


But for today, I am going to keep on enjoying them....because it doesn't really matter when I take them down..that is the beauty of being a grownup..we can do what we choose to do....it's all about being secure in who we are.....knowing ourself...and I am a woman that loves keeping  her Christmas trees up as long as she wants to....don't worry, they are always down by February..

I really like the outside lights too...they add a festive flair to the house..kinda like fireworks all year long....

I guess it will soon be time for me to really undecorate my house but just for a few more days.......


I will sit on this sofa..with my new pillow...




in front of this fire......



with this dog at my feet.....

and ponder the great things of the world......because......

Baby, it's cold outside.........hahaha...couldn't resist....

yes, Christmas hangs on for a long time around here and I am not apologizing.....
I unashamedly keep our Christmas trees up way past what folks think is proper...

I hope your New Year has started off with a hope and with joy......

Thank you for reading along today...and now I have actually written my first post of this new year...ahhhhhh..we are up and running once again...a whole brand new year ahead...

see you again soon....

1 comment:

  1. I usually take the Christmas ornaments off around the second week of January and then put the Mardi Gras decorations on the tree. lol And the white lights stay on. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...