Monday, January 30, 2012

A DREAM realized...

                  After I took this picture a few days ago, I was reminded  of a dream I had years ago......



For any of you that have been reading my blog for a while, you know how much my home and gardens mean to me....this is another one of those stories about Winterpast...my dream come true....

I dreamed that me and Bryan were hacking our way through a very thick jungle..we were so tired BUT we kept going, we didn't stop...it was slow going at times and there were a lot of tangled vines and thick underbrush...together we leaned into it and whacked away with machettes...All of a sudden, we were on the edge of a clearing and we could see a house....In the dream, I just knew it was our house..we had made it through the thick of things and come to a clearing....HOME!

this picture represents that dream really well..I don't try to stage my photography, it just happens as I take pictures of things I like.....I added some effects to make it look a little aged and liked the way it turned out..... then, I remembered my dream...a long ago dream...now a reality...

It means a lot when we see a dream that is in our heart become a reality in our life....for as long as I can remember, I have liked to play house...even using cuttings from the landscaping to make little gardens in the sand.(Mama said anything I put in the ground would root)  to me it was play and dreaming...about a garden I would one day have of my very own.. and a house I could furnish to suit my taste......my very own house...


It would be a long, long time before that dream would come true...and there were many years that I didn't much hold onto that dream anymore...
When I got divorced I thought that dream was probably pretty much DEAD!..I lived in a rental house and had a broken down car and an empty nest too....and no job..and on and on and on....it was looking mighty bleak for me.....
and then.....

a little spark of hope started to burn....and then I met Bryan......
and the rest is history...well, so far..history..there is still a lot of history to make...

I am so very thankful for our homeplace...it is a reminder to me...don't stop dreaming..no matter what!!  dreams do come true...some of them take a little longer than others....

One week after we signed the contract on this house, my Mama left this earth as a result of an awful car accident..and my Grandmother was in the stages of dementia..so neither of these all important women in my life ever got to share in my realized dream....even in the midst of that saddness.. a desire realized gives hope..

I have no idea why the two things will forever be intwined...My mama's death and buying my dream house...all in the same week....
Probably the only real regret I have in my life, that she never got to come here...she saw pictures and loved it but...

Oh, well...I hadn't planned on going there....
There is a heritage that goes on, daylilies grow on this land...a family tradition.and gardening is in my blood....and so is the making of this house all it can be......






The house in this picture belonged to my great Grandparents....and the angle in this picture reminded of the picture I had taken of my very own house.....looking at a family home through the trees....I see a family legacy here....it might be a stretch for you to see it but I most definitely see it...and live it.....

I am thankful for all of the homemakers in my family line.....I embrace what you left for me....

thank you for reading this little scattering of my thoughts this morning.....

I appreciate you and hope to see you again soon....
I'll be out in the garden enjoying this warm weather...

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post. I think when we are left to our dreams and struggles- it makes us appreciate the new found reality all the more!! In other words, if we have had to struggle to make our dreams happen they are all the more loved and appreciated versus someone just handing them to us. I had always dreamed of having a little cabin by the ocean as it is the place where I feel the most at peace. The dream was always in the back of my mind but finally I decided it was time to let it go and that is when God decided to make that dream a reality- not just for me but for all my family and friends to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly testimony of God's faithfulness and your dreams becoming reality.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...