Thursday, November 17, 2011

windows


window        

Definition of WINDOW


an opening especially in the wall of a building for admission of light and air that is usually closed by casements or sashes containing transparent material (as glass) and capable of being opened and shut 

 a means of entrance or access;

 an interval of time during which certain conditions or an opportunity exists





 the windows of our soul...that is the title of a book I read a long time ago...and it is the phrase that is running around in my head this morning......as I stand here in my warm house..it feels safe....and comfortable..and when I look out, it looks pretty...


I hardly ever think about what is coming INTO my house through these windows...I am always focusing on looking out ...not looking in...but when I looked up the definition of window, this is what I saw...an entrance.....hmmmmm..not what I usually think of when I think of windows.....so I started to ponder....what are the windows of my soul and what are they there for???  and what am I thinking about this for?   grin  grin...


We own a company named Athens window and Door so I hear about windows all day long..they are a constant source of conversation.  I hear my husband discussing all the different types and prices of windows every day.......so, why this little road trip into the meaning behind windows??


Alrighty then, here goes..


I love to look out my windows...I landscape the yard for spectacular views no matter which window you look out of at our house.....I have always thought the view from our windows were as important as views within the garden...but I give little or no thought to what is coming IN the windows.....only the going out part....


I am kinda thinking out loud this morning....I am sure I have windows that are letting in good things and probably some not so good things..places where I didn't realize something was coming back into my heart via these windows of my soul....I didn't think about  as I look out these openings, I am also receiving into my heart....that light comes IN too....


Yesterday, I became a little curious about something ........no harm done, right?  I was looking OUT this window.....well, something came back in through that window....the memories of some very hurtful things were stirred up in me just from a tiny little opening.....so maybe that is where I am coming from this morning...I need to CLOSE that window and lock it..maybe even close it in....LOL    


The moral of this story is this...I thought I could just peer out of the window of my soul with NO thought of what was coming in through the window.....but that is not what happened.....
when there are windows in your life that have closed....LEAVE them closed....it is for a reason......


As I think of posting this, I am almost  deciding not to...but in hopes of helping someone that is going through something similar, I will post it.....I hope it makes sense to someone out there......


I am going to keep pondering this...


what are the windows of your soul?  and what is coming IN through them?


thank you for sticking it out to the end of this.........tomorrow will be about flowers or pretty leaves  but for today........this.....

1 comment:

  1. What a thought provoking post. We will be in your area for Thanksgiving. Yes, do get that toolbox out you will have fun with it. Happy Thanksgiving ♥ Olive

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...