Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Making Apple Butter

The title of this post should be 'how to make apple butter in 400 easy little steps'...there is really nothing easy about this except it is not very complicated....but it takes a long time to get it from apples to apple butter...I took a few pictures along the way so you could get the idea....

the beginning...I had already peeled most of this bag full

lined up like little soldiers

filled to overflowing
 I added some apple cider and a little water to get it cooking....


cooked into applesauce..ready for the crockpot

filled the crockpot
 I added brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and powdered cloves...adjust to your own taste. I make this so I can reduce the amount of sugar to my liking....I use mostly cinammon.....about a TBS and about 1/2 tsp of the other spices..then add as I go until I like the way it tastes..


reduced by about half------just right

perfect!

4  1/2  pints of apple butter..
This is one of my favorite things to make and I do it every fall....

Making apple butter in the crockpot is really the best way to go for me...no worry about it scorching or burning on the stovetop....

Try something new.......reinvent a recipe to suit your taste..you might like it better than the one you have always cooked by...make it personal and add a little bit of you to what you cook.....

thank you for stopping by today..I appreciate you and hope you come again soon....now I am off to eat a little bit of apple butter over my yogurt....


come visit as I share at
 Miz Helen's full plate Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mona,
    Your Apple Butter looks so good. I just love your photos they are awesome. My very best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...