Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Seasons do end


We rode up to the mountains yesterday to see a little beauty and to get away for a day...It is only 2 hours to get there so as often as we can, we do.... I had particularly wanted to see the dahlias that we had seen earlier in the summer right after they were planted..they bloom in the late summer and the cool nights make them even prettier...so here they are. My Grandmother used to grow them and I remember them so well...she had to use a shade house because of the intense south Georgia heat and sun..these are right out in an open field....enjoy....








Here is another slice of life that we saw...they are harvesting tomatoes and other vegetables like beans and eggplant.....All of the green was absolutely beautiful...

and here is the evidence that seasons do absolutely, without a doubt, positively come to an end...no matter how beautiful and amazing the season has been in your life...here is the proof that you need....things DO change....they do come to an end..this is the same field that I wrote about earlier in the summer in this post
All the beauty of these dahlias and the harvesting that was going on of the ripe vegetables was right next to this brown and ugly field of spent zinnias...they had served their purpose and they were finished..their season was over....are there seasons in your life that are over and you hesitate to let them go?






Don't miss the wonderfulness of the new season in your life and mine because we are hanging on to the season that has past.and is full of dead things ...Today I am thankful for the new season  and all of the beauty that it contains.  I choose to embrace the season I am in right now....I am not going to hang onto old, spent things that will cause me to miss the beauty and peace of where I am right now....

thank you for stopping by today....hope to see you again soon....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Dahlias and pics! I try to embrace each new season, too. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...