Monday, August 1, 2011

Once I was Married, then I was NOT


I am now a happily married woman but it was not always so...I was in a marriage that ended in divorce after 22 years..It was a very difficult thing to go through.  it was so very different than a death because I could not have a funeral and walk away from the grave.  it is something that goes on and on....only the marriage died..not the people involved...and that is the dark truth about divorce..it does not die, but takes on a life of it's own..it continues for all of time...there is a tearing..a ripping that effects all those that come after it in the family line...some of the effects are good but a lot of them are heart wrenching.....divorce is NOT a good or a simple thing..not something that can be done for the good of both parties when there are children involved....it is a bad thing and something that needs to fall out of fashion..it has become way too easy to get a divorce and way too easy to think it is a good solution.....
but for all of you out there that have experienced this, I want to offer encouragement and hope....there is life after divorce...I am living proof that even when it is done to you and you fight with everything in you to prevent it, your life and mine can become a good thing once again...

thank you for reading along today...hope to see you again soon...

1 comment:

  1. Divorce is a horrible thing to go through-especially when it happens to your child. I watched what it did to my daughter-it was heart breaking to see. Thankfully, she has remarried a wonderful man and is very happy. Sadly, after 5 years it still greatly affects my 11 year old granddaughter. It breaks my heart to see her shuttled back and forth from house to house. It truly never goes away.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...