Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Joy comes in the morning




On this date, May 3.....8 years ago our whole family was changed forever.....my Mama was killed in a tragic car wreck on her way to visit a daylily garden on a warm spring day about 8 a.m..  I think it is so typical of mine and Mama's relationship that the last email I got from her was all about flowers....she was excited that the daylily season was beginning......that was many years ago...at first I didn't think I could go on but as the years have passed, the pain and grief have eased...the sweet memories have taken their place.....
and now it is more of 'I remember Mama"

she never got to see this place I call Winterpast..we were in process of buying it when this happened, she knew we had put a contract on it and she had seen pictures but never got to visit here....that was such a huge regret of mine for a while but I know it was out of my control....she was so happy for us and that we had our own place now...mine and Bryan's and she was anticipating seeing what we would do to make it our own......well, this is my history......

TODAY

we celebrate her life....she left a legacy......her oldest daughter is a flower growing woman....and I know she is smiling...and now she can see the whole thing...beginning to end.......I still miss her most every day but in a kind and gentle way.....

I thought it appropriate to share some of our flowers today in her memory....

the first picture is of bachelor buttons..I remember a flowerbed full of them when I was a little girl .... standing and looking at them at eye level..I must have been about 4 yrs old...I have planted them every year that I have had a garden....

many tears of grief went into this flowerbed.now smiles


gift from Jon


joy comes in the morning

my peonies

this week's gentle guardian of the garden  Baxter
thank you for reading along this morning.....my mourning has indeed turned into joy......she was a glamorous lady.thank you Mama for passing along your love of flowers and your artistic ways...I hope to keep passing them on to the next generation and the next.....

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe this, Mona. I shot a new tablescape today and the bouquet has a couple of daylilies in it. I was going to mention your grandmother, you and your blog (I still am), when I published it. Your mom's spirit must have been speaking to me, somehow. I know it is a hard day for you, but this was a lovely tribute to your mother!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...