Thursday, May 5, 2011

In HONOR of my other mamas

This is a much anticipated movie that is coming out this summer...if you grew up in the South, you probably have a woman that was as much your mama as your own mama....she was your 'maid'....there should be a more glamorous word to call these wonderful women but that is the reality of how we saw them...or how the adults saw them...but we saw these women as our other mama...I still remember the names of my women that helped to raise me and most of the names of the other women in the neighborhood......



I have read this book twice already and will read it again and again...and buy the DVD when it is available....it touched my spirit...it was like reading about my life in South Georgia..we should have treated these women with more respect. they deserved much more than they got....

This is my Happy Mother's Day to the other women that helped raise me and loved me and sacrificed there lives for me...they took care of me while their own children were at home waiting for their mama to get home....

Happy Mother's Day Frances, Yvonne, and Bobbie.....I honor you all as a HUGE part of my life and I thank you so much for all you did for my family....

thank you for reading along this morning....and if you haven't read The Help 
you need to read it....it is a really good book..

1 comment:

  1. I remember all those other Mamas of y'alls, too. Especially one of them who liked to tell us scary stories before we went to bed in y'all den! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...