Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bits and Pieces

 Come walk with me through my garden and let's talk.......
 the camellias are in bloom and they are strutting their stuff..red and ruffled..loving the sunshine on their shoulders..
the chives are begging to be used for garnish..especially in potato soup and any other soup....
and now we get to the work part.  I really have my work cut out for me..my sweet husband brought bags and bags of soil conditioner to be mixed into this hard Georgia clay to make it more favorable to growing a bountiful garden..
I always smile at this garlic...tough as nails..it is an heirloom variety brought from My Mamama's yard many years ago..it has thrived even with a lot of neglect..maybe it is happy now...
 ahhh  the sign of healthy alive dirt..earthworms..doing their thing...this dirt was p.i.t.i.f.u.l when we moved here..hard as a brick and full of trash and weeds and this awful vine we call devil vine with thorns and P.R.I.V.E.T..did I say PRIVET..it was like a privet farm here...we chopped and cleared and chopped and chainsawed and pulled and RoundUpped....and chopped and pulled some more and we have finally after 8 years of doing all of that..we have good dirt in our garden..I can dig it with my hand even after the winter..AHHHHHHHHHHH......loving me some dirt....
 and here is the real true picture of it all...we LAUGH...and LOVE this yard and garden...I waited 50 years to get it and I am  so thankful.....I mean it...SO THANKFUL..I love every inch of this land of ours......
the first bloom from the woods....the snowdrops are beginning to bloom......
 the rest of the garden looks kinda like this....LOL  but don't worry..be happy...by April or May...it will all look different....all it takes is a little, well, maybe a whole lot of sweat and  a willing soul....and I have that...and might I add..a great chiropractor??!!
I know this looks like a salvage yard right here...but I have big plans for these things...just not sure what those plans are yet....
I can't wait for it to be warm every day and the woolens and the firewood to be put away until next year....
and for these daffodils to be showing off their yellow parade........

thank you for coming along on this stroll through Winterpast with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...