Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Let Love In

This is my boy Bo.

He responds like this every time I scratch his ears....no holds barred..he allows me to love him..he has no walls up to protect himself from me.

I absolutely adore this dog of mine. He is my boy and he knows it..
Here is his look of adoration towards me..he trusts me and waits for my touch because he knows I am safe...no fear in his eyes...and it melts my heart.....

Sometimes for one reason or another, there are people that I reach out to and they do not trust me..they run from me..they do not trust me..they have believed a lie about me and feel safer about believing that lie than searching on their own for the truth....they have not taken the time to get to know me for who I really am...there is not much that frustrates me more than that...because I know that I cannot convince someone that I am different than who they have already decided I am...this is a nasty thing called judgment....we all do this at some point....not giving each other the benefit of the doubt...we judge  someone as harmful when they are not really harmful at all and that we would benefit from being in relationship with.....

I think we all have these kinds of things happening in our lives....people believing gossip about us....something someone else said that was simply not true...

Let's not be quick to pass judgment...get all the angles...listen to peoples hearts..look at the example of their life...don't jump to conclusions...believe the best about someone...be an optimist...try to love each other....

It saddens me when someone believes I am different than I really am.....I am a safe woman to be around...and I genuinely care about people..I am not trying to manipulate a certain response from you..I am trying to put into words what I think many others feel too...it is hard to accept when you are really misunderstood...but it is time to move on...don't continue to try to convince them otherwise...maybe one day they will see the truth.....

'A man convinced against his will is of the same persuasion still'

I have quoted this about a thousand times or more in my life...I want you to know me from your heart like Bo does..and when I reach out my hand to you in love, I want a response of trust..I am not a pushy woman and will not continue trying to get in where I am not wanted..it is with sadness I let go of some relationships that I have tried and tried to 'fix' and they obviously do not want what I want...this is the year of being a little wiser and learning to let go....and not try to MAKE people respond to me when I reach out....

Maybe by sharing my stories, you will get a little freer to be yourself too...seeing that you are not alone in the things that are not so popular to talk about. I don't mind talking about these things and sharing my heart...it is time that we live a life of joy and openness ..not hidden and depressed......

I appreciate you my readers.....let's set our houses in order and accept responsibility for who we are..and for our own choices....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand you, dear Mona! I, too, have people who think I am someone I am not.

    Sucks doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...