Monday, December 13, 2010

Inside my heart



 As I looked at this picture for the first time, it grabbed me....it looks so much like me..I took a moment to ponder why it grabbed me like it did....then it came to me....this is like a small glimpse into my heart...this man and this other man, who is my son. they go on and on into the depths of who I am....there are a few other people in there too..but on this day, it was these two men who were at the forefront of my heart.  the flowers and the fun things to look at and the lights and all of the reflections...these are the making of my heart....a look inside of who I am as a woman....TODAY!

A few years ago you would have seen dark clouds and storms...and much, much less color if you had glimpsed the inside of my heart....there have been many years of healing and the love of a man that believes in me and loves me and the love of two grown children who choose to be my friend and then my grandsons and words are not enough to express my feelings about them.....and my God who loves me unconditionally and wants only the best for me....

Yes, this picture literally made me gasp at the good things I see in it...the joy and the light that have chased away the sadness and grayness that was there for so long....I didn't realize there had been so much change..there is real hope.
I didn't quit.  I kept going even when it would have been easier to give up.There is hope waiting for you too if you just don't give up...Keep walking...keep going..don't give in to the darkness and clouds and keep on keeping on..one day you will look around you and wonder when the clouds lifted and flowers took their place...Perseverance really does pay off if we are following our God and He is lighting our path...

I hope you enjoy this look into who I am...you, dear readers, have helped me grow this year...I am so very grateful for every one of you and the comments you have made good and bad.  :-)...this past week I have run into many of you and heard your beautiful words of encouragement.....again..THANK YOU....this year has literally changed my life and filled my heart to overflowing...

1 comment:

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...