Thursday, November 4, 2010

Seasons End



I am very thankful that gardening season is OVER for this year....the last pick was on Monday..I got a laundry basket full of peppers, eggplant, and green tomatoes...and then headed to the flowers, picking globe amaranth, blue salvia, and Mexican terragon flowers for drying......I love it when the drying rack is full and the peppers are all over the kitchen counter...it means the season has changed.....

this year I am more than ready for the change..they are forecasting very cold this weekend and I am ready..I only need to bring in my potted plants..making room for them in my house gets more challenging every year....one day I will have a beautiful greenhouse made out of old, salvaged windows...but, until then..I will move around things inside and save only the very most special plants... and I will be content to sew with flowery fabric and arrange the dried flowers and look at gardening books and know that next year brings another most glorious spring.......but now, fall is in full force and we are quickly heading toward Thanksgiving....

Isn't this like our lives? a season change is upon us and we try to hold onto the last season..keeping reminders of seasons past and trying to recreate the last season in this present season that we are in?? I have to be content that the flowers are dried or do I? there are flowers in my yard for this specific season..and if I just look at the dried flowers and pine away about the season that is past, I will miss experiencing the sasanquas and the hollies and the pyracantha and all of the fall leaves that are red and gold.....so, wait a minute...nothing is lost...something is gained here....I need to just adjust my gaze and look forward instead of backward..

Right here in this season are things that are unique to the season that I am in.....I am going to choose to enjoy this season....to live in the moment.....PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR!!....yes, I am thankful for where I am...
and thankful for you, the ones who read my words.....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...