Monday, November 8, 2010

Our words

 Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances.
Have you ever thought about what you say and what it means to others when they hear it?   Just the other day, I was having a really hard time all day..thinking ... does my life make a difference and have I even got a vision or where have my dreams gone????  just all those questions bombarding my mind all day long.....and coming up with pretty much ZERO!!!!!!!!  do you ever have those days?.

then

I came to my computer to just aimlessly spend some time and                                                             
THERE  ..   WAS ..     A  .. MESSAGE...                     from a friend of mine on facebook.....
.
" You are such an inspiration to me"      wow....thank you, Carole.....

 I immediately started seeing this post...our words are so powerful and spoken at the right time, they can lift someone out of a funk....and they can be energized by what we say..I am not talking about empty, sickening flattery..I am talking about REAL, sincere, from our heart things we say to other people..that we really mean...fake flattery can make you feel even worse, like you have been slimed....know what I mean?

For a long time, it has been one of my biggest desires to speak words of encouragement into others lives...to say something that would lift you up...make life easier for you.....to say something that would make life change for the better , that would have a lasting effect so that you could pass it on and build someone else up too.....
I want the feeling to be when I leave a room,  I have left a sweet aroma behind me, that I planted a smile or a laugh.....that something good was left behind.....you see, our words are important..they can build up or they can tear down.....

That seemingly small simple sentence was able to reach into my heart and pull me right up from the duldrums....and hopefully I am passing on to you the sweetness of those words....
We never know who we are effecting and who is watching us..I want to be a joyful and peaceful effect on people....I am not talking about trying to impress others, I am talking about 'just being this' , then  it just naturally pours out on others.....

So, cultivate the language of encouragement..you never know whose life will change because you did........

Be encouraged....and thank you for reading.....

1 comment:

  1. I am encouraged. But then again, you have always been this sort of a presence in my life, dear Mona. Always, always. I could cry when I think of how you brought my sullen teenage self into your home and heart and arms and the life I found there. You have always and ever been full of all things bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...