Monday, September 27, 2010

man's best friend

When Bryan and I decided to get married, we were talking about all things involved. I remember being very clear about how much I LOVED my dog Daisy...and that he was marrying me and MY DOG.  LOL He wasn't so enamored with her at all....I think he thought I would just put her aside and that would be that...well, I didn't...  :-)   I LOVED my dog..  Daisy lived to the ripe old age of 15.....God has a sense of humor and Bryan tolerated her and she tolerated him but life was peaceful with her....as she aged, Bryan talked to someone about getting me another dog before Daisy died...so we got Bonnie..to make a long story short. We have now had Bonnie 5 years...she has given us 2 litters of pups...and we have kept 4 out of the 8 puppies....We now are a household with 5 dogs...they are absolutely gorgeous dogs...their Daddy is a champion and their mama is an awesome girl...they are smart and fun and we love them to pieces...and they love us....

Life has a way of doing things to us and we become something different than we thought...especially if we are following Someone that knows better than we do...it works out......I never doubted that Bryan was THE ONE for me...we were perfect for each other but he just didn't love dogs like I did.....UNTIL.............

this morning he said to me....IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR ME TO LOVE THESE DOGS THE WAY I DO!

yes, it does...grin, wink, grin......I knew it would eventually happen to him...he just never had the right dog..and now he has FIVE!!!!!
Timing is everything...and patience....and not trying to control the situation....I knew who I was and I didn't try to force Bryan to become like me.....and he found his own way to his love for his dogs....
It's a wonderful thing to be on the same page in a marriage.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...