Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Honoring others

Last night we had my son over to eat supper with us...it was his birthday...it was a last minute get together when I found out he did not have plans for supper on his birthday. I wanted him to feel honored..to feel loved.....and to feel special..to us and by us...
when he sat down to eat, this is what he saw. this is taken from his seat.....we ate a simple supper of steak, potatoes, salad and bread....with German chocolate cupcakes for dessert.....from the bakery. :-) such simplicity that I even forgot to take pictures until we were all done.....oh, well...I was enjoying the conversation....

This has been a tough year for him....going from married to single..and with such dignity and determination....this year his birthday was so much better than last year....and Jon is a changed man....he has worked hard to overcome and he has..still growing and changing but aren't we all? this has been a monumental year for him and we just wanted to celebrate it and it's passing....a new year has begun and he is much better prepared than ever before....
Happy Birthday to this man that calls me Mama...I love you, Jon.....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...