Wednesday, August 11, 2010

WEEDS

Well, we are officially in the dog days of summer and the weeds are loving it...I am NOT loving it ......so guess who is winning in the battle for my garden????  LOL  and at this point I don't even care.....I know, I know...I SHOULD care...any responsible grown up would care and get out there and get those weeds out of that garden RIGHT NOW!....
but I just cannot muster up the energy to go out there in the heat and the mosquitoes and the weeds and the humidity to look for a teeny little ripe tomato.....or a pod of okra on a 20 foot stalk...  such are the doldrums of a late summer garden........

but, WAIT!!!!!!!

I hear the promise of fall...and cooler weather....and collards and turnips and maybe even a late crop of sunflowers...

and so the life of a gardener cycles again.....no matter how tired of it I get, I go back for MORE!
insanity?  maybe....passion?  you better believe it....
I will take a few days off from it and get my second wind and tackle those weeds and get some beds ready for fall planting...
isn't this kinda like life?  even when we are sick of trying to do better we slip back a few steps?  but we have to get back up and go at it again....
DON"T EVER LET THE WEEDS WIN!!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing when we ask the Lord for fertile soil He blesses us and the weeds seem to enjoy the fertilness as well. But we ask the Lord to help us get to the root of the weed. It sure is easier to pull out of wet ground and the smaller the less the root. Kind of like sin in our hearts Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...