Friday, July 16, 2010

Using what we have

Sometimes we don't use what we have...there might be a lot of potential there but.....
if I don't actually sit down in front of this sewing machine and turn it on and put fabric underneath the needle and press the foot peddle, it is not really doing me any good.  I can talk about it, plan to do somethings with it, admire it, talk about it some more, and even decorate it and dust it off but without some action on my part, it is just a lot of potential.....
Here is another pile of potential......looking at it does not make it into something.   I have been thinking about the things in my life that have a lot of potential but are being wasted because they are not being used.....I think sometimes we give too much credit to potential at the expense of someone that actually uses their potential to do or make something...just having potential is kinda useless unless it is used....
Inside every acorn is a mighty oak but if it is never planted, it will just stay an acorn...and eventually rot...if it is planted it will grow and at some point reproduce and make many acorns and the cycle goes on...
Here is another example of potential...cans of paint..the dream in my heart and a little(maybe a lot) of energy and it became a whole new bathroom...
I am busy looking around my life at all of the potential and thining out the things that are in the way and making plans to actually use some of the things in my life to better steward what I have.....there is a lot at hand and I plan to make better use of those things.
Just thinking about it doesn't make it happen..it takes action....
Let's all use what we have at hand....we all have a lot and the potential is great..so dream and do....  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...