Friday, June 11, 2010

TELL your children

I was raised by parents that believed you should not tell your children that they are smart or pretty...GO FIGURE! Therefore I have struggled with my looks for all of my life...

I posted a picture on facebook the other day and had many responses saying, You are beautiful.........it rattled me...first, I didn't believe it and then it sounded weird...
I started to think back on where that came from and this is what I came up with...
A girl NEEDS her daddy to tell her she is beautiful.....she needs her mama to teach her how to demonstrate that beauty.....We NEED our parents to tell us how beautiful and smart we are so we can turn out to be healthy adults without self image problems.....I don't remember my parents ever telling me I was pretty....and certainly not that I was smart.. LOL

I KNOW that my children are beautiful and they are two of the smartest people I know..and I TELL them....it would have been a failure on my part to not tell them this and reassure them all through their lives......

Tell your children they are beautiful and smart......
I believe the most important part is their character but this should not be overlooked so that they have good character but think they are ugly or dumb.....I am a product of parents that believed this lie and I know how damaging it is....so let's get rid of this and have a healthy perspective of who we are and give that to our children..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...