Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hidden

hid·den

concealed; obscure; covert: hidden meaning; hidden hostility.

1. secret, veiled;

I have been thinking about the title of my blog this week....I think that hidden art describes what I do pretty accurately.  I have also been thinking about all the things in our homes that truly are hidden.. No one has ever helped me clean the toilets so that job is hidden...something I do when noboby sees me...there are many jobs like that..I could go on and on
..
I once heard someone say that the true test of character is who we are when no one is looking...I completely agree with that...so maybe our true character is hidden UNTIL the fruit of it arrives.  When I put a seed in the ground, a dried up ugly little thing..it dies as the seedling pushes up through the ground..it grows and produces fruit after its own kind..whatever I planted determines what the plant will be....my choice of what to plant..I have done a LOT of weeding lately because I do NOT want the weeds setting seeds or growing in my garden..   :-)  I want to plant good seeds in my garden and get a bountiful harvest that is useful and beautiful.

Our homes are like that garden.  No one sees most of what goes on behind closed doors with our families..there are good seeds being deposited in homes and they will develop into healthy plants...but there are also not good seeds being deposited that will grow into things that will hurt us and others.  I want everything that I do as a mother and a wife to be healthy.  I am not so naive as to think that is true.  I know there are some weeds that need pulling out that I have planted in my home.  this is where I need to just suck it up and get rid of it..I am a great weed puller..maybe because I have so many...but I do love the look of a freshly weeded flowerbed...and when the earth is soft from rain, it is so much easier to pull them up.
 
I am reminding myself this morning to think about what kind of seeds I am planting in my home..most of them are hidden and they are my choice...It is the hidden things of our heart, who we are as women that will greatly effect the ones we love. An encouraging word can change the course of a child's life or keep our husband going on a really tough day.. A hurtful word or an angry comment might grow into a depressed or angry child...then they will have to deal with it later.and they are the innocent ones here....be quick to say I am sorry...and quick to forgive when someone hurts us..don't seek revenge or try to get even..

Being a homemaker is not an easy job..what we do is often hidden but the fruit of what we do is seen..especially in the husband we love and the children we raise...just a day to THINK about what we are doing as homemakers.  It is a glorious thing to be your own boss....I want to be a good boss...  :-)


1 comment:

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...